Our continued GCSE results success!
Students at Beths Grammar School in Bexley are celebrating today following the publication and awarding of GCSE results.
Staff and students joined together to celebrate the exceptional achievements recorded in the first set of public examinations in three years. As with the A Level results, the GCSE results have bucked the national trend and increased significantly to give the school the best ever A Level and GCSE results.
The exceptionally high-performing Grammar School has seen continued success, with some standout individual achievements including:
- Dinu F who all achieved grade 9s in each of his 11 GCSEs said “I can’t be happier with my results. I put everything into my GCSEs so to see the results of my hardwork. It’s priceless. To all aspiring students, never be afraid to shoot for the top. All of the hardwork and sacrifices are completely worth it. Be passionate about the subjects you take, but most importantly, give it your all !”
- Nathan A who achieved 9 grade 9s said “When I got my results, I was so happy for all the hardwork I did !”
- Vlad F who achieved 9 grade 9s said “5 years of work and it was absolutely worth it .“
- Mustapha S who achieved 9 grade 9s said “When I opened those results my heart stopped. I really had to think about whether they were real. A moment followed by me screaming, shouting and jumping up and down. I worked for the last five years to bring my dream into reality and now I finally have. No matter how little you think you have, no matter what challenges you face in your life, always know it is possible. All you have to do is trust god and put in the work. “
- Seven students, Peter T, Vlad F, Gagan G, Alex L, Nathan A, Maximo M, Mustapha S, Elia B and Alex R achieved 9 grade 9s in each of their GCSEs.
- A further 6 achieved 8 grade 9s and a further 11 achieved 7 grade 9s in their GCSEs.
- 52 students achieved at least 5 grade 9s.
- Almost half of all examinations were graded as either 8 or 9.
- It is the first time that every student has passed English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics all in the same sitting. The average grades for the subjects were English Language (6.7) , Mathematics (7.7) , Biology (7.6) , Chemistry (7.3) and Physics (7.7) for our 193 students.
Beths Grammar School is known for the exciting, purposeful and vibrant community it fosters for students, which challenges and supports them to fulfil their academic potential, whilst creating a generation of leaders and well-rounded individuals who can perform at the height of their ambition.
Central to the school’s success is its holistic approach to education in developing the whole individual which combines high academic performance with wider enrichment and pastoral support delivered through its wide-ranging sporting and music offer, as well as through its supportive and stretching house system.
Richard Blyghton, Headteacher at Beths Grammar School, said:
“We are very proud of all our students and the GCSE results they have achieved, which are hugely deserved. We are proud of their academic standards which will provide a robust starting point for their A level studies. The commitment, resilience and spirit they have shown over the past two years has been inspirational and their results in the first public examinations for three years are testament to this. We look forward to welcoming them alongside other high performing students from across South London and North Kent into our remarkable Sixth Form community.
“Not only are we celebrating the high academic performances of our students today, but all the other excellent achievements they have enjoyed during their time with us, be that through sports, music, languages, or through our house system and student leadership opportunities.
“I would like to thank all our students, their families, our staff and the wider school community for their ongoing support and we look forward to seeing our students progress on to the next stage of their education as they continue to fulfil their potential.”